Dizziness, headache, sneezing, feels pressure build in sinus, hands & feet numbness, taking antibiotics. Diagnosed with high BP, usually have low BP. Suggestion?

I feel dizzie for 5 days now, sudden onset of a headache from time to time, sneezing more than normal, no signs of cold apart from sneezing but feels like pressure build up in my sinus. Now my hands and feet feel numb. Doctor put me on Antibiotics yesterday but I'm worried it might be something more serious than sinusitis. She also diagnosed high blood pressure which worries me because I'm usually low blood pressure. Shall I just proceed with Antibiotics or seek medical attention again?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 57 minutes later
You have been symptomatic for 5 days now and I believe that your physician has prescribed the right medication.
High BP can also be another reason for your headaches and dizziness in the event that hypertension has been diagnosed.
I would suggest the following
•     First finish the antibiotic course as prescribed
•     Make a follow up appointment in the morning for a good recheck of your BP. Further management can proceed accordingly.
•     And most importantly, calm down - helps you relax and also brings you BP down.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me. I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
Consultant Physician.