Dizziness, fever, nausea, ear pain and lack of balance. Had trauma to ear. On antibiotics. Reason?

Dizziness earache offbalance. Fever nausea . Do not think it is fibromalagia. had small trauma to my ear. currently on abtibiotics. What else can u do? I
Posted Thu, 28 Jun 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 3 hours later

The symptoms that you are having can be due to otitis media and not fibromyalgia. Otitis media is inflammation of the middle ear, or a middle ear infection. In your case, it can be due to ear trauma. This can cause earache, pain, fever and dizziness.

Antibiotics that you have started should help you out. In addition, Paracetamol or ibuprofen (appropriate for the age) can be used to relieve pain and high temperature. Topical agents shown to be effective include antipyrine and benzocaine ear drops but these should be used only under medical supervision.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.