Dizziness and lethargy after taking a combination of Losartan and Bystolic.

Cardiologist, Interventional
I am taking a combination of lorsatan (100mg) and bystolic (10 mg) and am having problems with some dizziness and lethargy. I have been on this combination for over a year now.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 4 hours later

What I understand from you query is you would like to know reason for your symptoms and if it's related your medicines.

Yes, occasionally BP medicines can cause dizziness and it can occur at anytime in the treatment period, which can be assertained by BP recording in various postures.

Both high and low blood pressures can cause it.

Taking your entire history in consideration, I would like to suggest you should have evaluation of heart function by echocardiograph and pacemaker testing and also blood tests for thyroid and electrolytes to rule out other causes. Based on the results we will have to plan further.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.