Dizziness and blacking out when getting up, loosing balance and falling. What is happening?

Nov 2013

I am 15 and sometimes when I get up I get dizzy and black out. sometimes I loose my balance and fall what could be happening
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare Magic.
The common causes of your symptoms could be anemia and postural hypotension. In anemia, the hemoglobin is low. In postural hypotension, the blood pressure falls when one gets up. In these conditions, the blood flow to brain decreases for a short while. During this period, the person may feel dizzy and may black out.
Sometimes, these symptoms could also be due to exhaustion and general weakness.
You may consult your GP for detailed evaluation and finding out the exact cause in your case.
I hope to have clarified your queries. In case you have any more questions, please get back.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Health City, Hyderabad