Dispepsia, acid reflux, IBS, constipation, black specks in stool, diet change, on omeprazole. Cause for black specks?

I am currently being treated for dispepsia, acid reflux and IBS. I recently began taking omeprazole and feeling much better with regards to less bloat and less belching adn instense pains. Howeve, I was constipated for a week and yetserdays BM was normal in color and consistency however, there was tiny black specks similar to pepper within the BM adn on teh toilet tissue? In addition, I haev drastically changed my diet since the onset of my symptons (Aug 25) and I have had little to no carbs, little to no fruit, no meat, no beef. Just yogurt, applesuace, chicken soup, glueten free chicken and bananas daily? Is all of this ( constipation, IBS, diet detox etc.) play a roll in the black specks within my stool?
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Banait 19 hours later

Thanks for posting query.

I am happy that you are being benefited with proton pump inhibitor. These are fascinating drugs which changed the natural history of ulcer disease.

I would advise you to take normal healthy diet, as otherwise you may develop malnutrition.

The black specks in stool in most probabilities is undigestible diet residue. You should not be worried about it.

You may opt for stool examination if problem persists. It should clarify the issue

Hope I answered your question satisfactorily. Write back to me if you have any further queries.