Discovered lump under armpit. Feeling weakness and headache. Biopsy showed clear. Looking for suggestion

May 2013
I am a 32 year old female. I just discovered a lump under/in my armpit area. While reading about lumps I read something about lumps in the neck as well. Felt my neck and found the midway between my shoulder and skull on my neck is a small painless moveable pea sized lump. About 3 weeks prior I was having pain down my right arm, weakness in my fingers and wrist, intense headaches. I am always tired although my blood work shows that I am fine. I am recently recovering from a disectomy. My aunt ( father's sister) was my age when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. I have also been using hair removing products. My underarm is a little sore from open skin when I used the product. however, where the lump is, isnt sore. I had a mammo and son last year. I had calcifications, they took a biopsy, and there was nothing found. They inserted Titanium to trace the calcifications ( which were totally closer to my nipple area. I am super freaked out and having panic attaks all day
Posted Mon, 8 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 44 minutes later

The possible causes for your painless lump in the armpit are:
-Enlarged lymph nodes: the lymph nodes situated in the armpit can get enlarged due to infection or allergic reaction caused by hair removing product.
As you had disectomy there is possibility of sub clinical infection because of the procedure which may also responsible for lymph nodal enlargement.
As you are having enlarged lymph node in the neck also there is more possibility for enlarged lymph node in arm pit.
-Lipoma:which is a benign growth containing fat tissue.

There is less chance for breast cancer as you are not having symptoms like breast pain, discharge from nipple, change in the texture of the skin on breast etc.

As the lump in the armpit compresses the nerves passing there you can experience pain, weakness of the parts of hand.

So you once consult gynecologist or general surgeon and undergo examination to find out the actual nature of the lump.
If needed you can go for FNAC(fine needle aspiration cytology) to find out the actual type of lesion.
Depending on the result treatment can be taken.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.