Discovered a series of perfectly circled patches of dry skin that spread. Ring worms? Lupus?

odd skin conditionI have recently discovered a series of perfectly circled patches of dry skin. It started as a few small spots under my right breast and soon spread up into my cleavage. And now there are 4 visible spots in the bend of my are, left side. I used to work as a nurse aide in a nursing home for years and im familiar with rimg worm and its nothing like that. They are tiny, maybe a quarter inch at best. Ther are very very slightly raised, no itch, no burn...they dont bother me at except for the fact that they are there. Light in color almost not visible maybe 1 pigment darker than my usual caucasian flesh color. However when I shower they tend to darken momentarily. Im not concerned too much just curious. I heard this could be associated with lupus. No research ive doe proves to be conclusive or even close to whag im experiencing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sincerely, curious gal.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Praveen Jadhav 11 hours later

Lupus is diagnosed on the basis of constellation of symptoms, rather than just the presence of skin lesions. It should have something more like joint problems, kidney disease, or many more symptoms.
In any case, skin lesions of lupis are usually on face, turn dark in the sun and burn a lot.

Hence, it is very unlikely that these represent lupus.

A picture of the lesion would be of help to suggest a close possibility.

Hope this answer is reassuring.

Awaiting your reply.