Ask a Urologist   »  

Discomfort while urinating, white flecks around urethra, not sexually active. What is up?

Hi. I was peeing this morning and I felt some sharp discomfort and felt like my flow stopped a bit early. I went to lunch and when I came back home I checked my penis and I had a lot of small white flecks around my urethra. What is up? I have not been sexually active.
Posted Tue, 17 Jul 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

White flecks around the urethra could be Smegma which is normal.

Also in some conditions where there is discharge from the penis which could get dried and stick to the urethral opening as dry material this happens in severe conditions of urethritis specially in Gonorrhea.

I would ask you to get examined your treating doctor who can identify whether it is smegma or inspissated discharge.

The sharp pain in while urination if occurs again then a suspicion on good health.