Discomfort related to skin, it goes away after a while. What can be happening?

i am a 16 years old male otherwise healthy but for several years now I have had discomfort related to my skin. The discomfort is most noticeable when I get up early in the morning and take a shower. The discomfort gradually goes away slowly over a few hours after I am up. If I sleep late into the morning then the discomfort is less but if I get up in the morning the discomfort is more. The discomfort is in the skin all over my body and my hair stands up over most of my body... please help and thank you so much.....
Posted Tue, 17 Jul 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 12 hours later

The discomfort described by you seems to be something like goose flesh which can occur in times of stress of any kind of the body.

As you pointed out that the problem does not occur if you sleep late suggests that the body makes most of the time you are resting and get free from any kind of physical stress. Also during the early hours of morning, the steroidal level is at the highest and such problems can occur.

Unless and until you are not facing any acute symptoms, there is no need for any treatment.
A proper rest and diet is enough to take care of the body fatigue.

Hope I have addressed your concern. Let me know if you need more clarification.

Dr.Rohit Batra
Follow-up: Discomfort related to skin, it goes away after a while. What can be happening? 2 days later
The discomfort definitely occurs under stress as you stated, however the discomfort is far beyond that of just ordinary goose flesh. It affects my day to day life greatly and has occurred for the past
4 years. You suggested that I take steps to reduce stress such as proper rest and diet. The problem is that the discomfort can occur even during times of no obvious stress, I believe that my mind has made the association with the discomfort and certain non-stressful activities such as showering in the morning. The fact that I have the discomfort then causes additional stress which causes the discomfort to persist. It would be really helpful if you have seen anything like my condition before or if you just had any other ideas.

Thanks in advance
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 11 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
I can understand your agony.
You can try taking some antioxidants and an antihistaminic at night. You can take Tablet Cetrizine 10 mg once daily at night.
It has been seen that such medications without any side effects can prove beneficial in cases like yours.

Dr.Rohit Batra