Discomfort in upper stomach. What can be done?

hello. I am getting some discomfort I can't call it pain. in my upper stomach left side deels under cage area.especially early in the morning when I wake up. and it kinds goes away by noon. no other symptoms.
Posted Wed, 11 Sep 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Diagnosis would need a clinical exam.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Some common possibilities assuming you are absolutely otherwise healthy- gastritis, gastric ulcer, severe constipation, kidney stones and others. But, this is atop many in the list including origins from lower lungs, spleen, pancreas and intestine in short.

A clear diagnosis would need a detailed history, clinical exam, tests based on suspicions like blood tests, ultrasound etc. And the pain relief would be paramount by treating the cause. Analgesics or antispasmodics group of drugs would be prescribed depending on the likely diagnosis reached by your examining physician.

Since, you actually have discomfort - you may be having a minor problem going - but a review is nevertheless necessary. And such discomfort extending for hours in the morning would not have a characteristic diagnosis to arrive at for now in itself.

If you have already tried OTC medications like digestants and antacids - then it is time for a check up to get to the bottom of it and be treated appropriately.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet, MBBS, MD.
Consultant Physician.