Discomfort at night, unable to sleep, increased blood pressure. Suggestions?

I am feeling uncomfortable in night,also unable to sleep,also my blood pressure increases.
Now days when I am traveling in local train,i feels uncomfortable and unbearable.
Kindly suggest thanks & Regards,
Posted Sun, 30 Sep 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 23 minutes later

Thanks for posting a query.
It is very important to know why you are feeling uncomfortable and not able to sleep?
Let me know following before we decide future course
1) What is the reading of BP if you have checked? Are you taking any medicine
2)Is there any reason for stress
3) Do you Smoke or take alcohol
4) While travelling in train do you feel Vertigo or dizziness ?
5) Do you feel some kind of chest pain or breathlessness or any such issues?

If your BP is high you must reduce salt intake.

I am wating for your reply so that I can answer your query.

Follow-up: Discomfort at night, unable to sleep, increased blood pressure. Suggestions? 18 hours later
Answer:1) BP is 140 and so far not taking any medic in
2) some tension due to official superiors.
3) alcohol occasionally
4)local train with crowded and feels some XXXXXXX pressures
5)yes breathing problems starts,feeling suffocation.
Thanks & regards,
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later

Thanks for responding.

Your BP is 140 mm Hg systolic. You should check with doctor to know diastolic also. You may not need any medicine right now but keep a watch on it. Regular salt intake to 1/2 tea spoon a day, get down one stop from the train and walk to the office. Regular walking is very important to control the blood pressure. Ofcourse more than anything else you have to tackle the office stress and get to talk to superiors. Most of the problems are because of non communication. Communication with your boss is like a vent in the steam packed box. It relaxes you a lot and reduces the stress and pressure.

Your symptoms suggest Anxiety and panic reaction. It is also very helpful to speak to a Psychologist / Counselor who can help you how to deal with the office pressure and bossism.

Please do not consume alcohol and try to relax with family and friends often. Share your responsibilities and stress with them. Try to keep stress to minimum and even you can do some Yoga and Meditation to relieve stress.

I still suggest you to see the physician to monitor your blood pressure weekly and make a record of it.

I hope I have answered your queries if there is anything I will be happy to answer that.

If nothing is there close the query and rate my answer.

Thanks a lot.