Ask a Urologist   »  

Discomfort and vibration on tip of penis. Why is it recurring?

my tip of penis is vibrating and i am feeling too discomfort. I had the problem 2 years back but it is off & On. Now it is there from last three days.I have visted the Dr and he said it is an infection.pls suggest why it is repeting...
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later

Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX
Since i have not examined u, i will try to help u based on the description.
Penis Vibrating- i think u mean throbbing pain, am i right?
Based on ur examination by your doctor, u probably have infection of the foreskin.
This usually happens if the foreskin is tight, but can happen otherwise too.
Maintenance of hygiene (clean the foreskin and the head of penis by retracting it at bath), local antibiotic ointment with or without oral antibiotic should help.
If not, circumcision may be advisable, the decision can be taken only after examining you.
Hope i have made things clear.
Kindly get back for queries if any---