Discomfort and tightness in urinary tract and vagina, burning urination, pink lips, no discharge, had partial hysterectomy

Hello! Thanks for your time & expertise!! I am a 51 yr old white female with a GYN question. Sunday morning, 5/20/12 i had an uncomfortable, tight sensation in my urinary tract, vaginal area. About 30 minutes later while I was urinating, there was mild discomfort after several drops (during letdown), followed by intense burning. When I wiped, there was some light pink blood on toilet paper. These symptoms persisted for a couple of hours. After I looked in mirror at vulvar area, noticed lips were slightly pink, but with no evidence of discharge. This area (lips) continues to feel like a dull burn even today.
Some additional medical history:
Had 4 C-sections (in 5/85, 1/87, 8/89 & 6/91)
Had partial hysterectomy [cervix & uterus removed] in 12/92 due to endometriosis
On 1/25/08, has CT scan of abdomen & pelvis due to urinary urgency & nausea. Scan showed 2mm kidney stone in right lower pole & 3.4cm right ovarian cyst.
I have been overweight since in elementary school. Since late 2001 I have made a concerted effort to lead a healthy lifestyle & shed weight. To date have lost 75 lbs, with a goal to drop 25-30 more.
I do slow resistance strength training 1x/wk & walk at least 5x/wk.
I used to have hypertension treated by drugs, but have been off all meds since 3/11/09.
In 12/11 I had a bladder infection treated with 500mg Cipro 2x/day for 7 days.
Since was having problems with diarrhea & cramping, stool was tested for C Diff with test results being negative.
At 4/17/12 was back to see my Dr (a gp) who diagnosed me with vaginitis. No Rx was prescribed. Urine sample was originally negative @ 4/18/12, yet @ 4/23/12 doctor's office called me back telling me it was contaminated due to bacteria.
In mean time, on 4/19/12, I had my upper 2 wisdom teeth removed. Had a lot of bruising, pooling of blood inside one cheek, swelling, black eye & pain. Took 800mg Ibuprofen every 5 hrs for pain for better part of 3 week (even though I have a very high pain tolerance) to aid with reducing the inflammation. The healing took a while longer than "typical" according to my dentist. Where I was in my healing on day 18 is where he said most patients are after day 10.
On 5/1/12 he put me on 400mh Erythromycin ES 4x/day for 7 days. Originally he wanted me to take Amoxicillin, but since I am allergic to Ampicillin (break out in rash), pharmacist consulted with dentist & they agreed on the Erythro.
On 4/30/12, since I was still having some vaginal itching issues, my Dr had me repeat urine labs.
On 5/2/12 Dr's office called me saying urine sample results came back negative, but cultures suggested some infection due to contamination, although it was within the normal range & therefore nothing to be concerned about.
The Dr did wonder if I was having any UTI symptoms. I was having pain up high when I urinated. Dr. said the Erythro dentist had me on would not necessarily treat my UTI symptoms, since it is typically used to treat upper respiratory issues.
Dr. said I could come into office for her to examine pelvis area if I want OR I could just wait until end of 6/12 when my next physical is scheduled. I had opted to wait, until this pain & short-lived blood issue arose Sunday morning, 5/20/12 - causing me to consult WWW.WWWW.WW today.
I put one large drop of Progessence Plus on my wrists each morning. It is a topical progesterone oil by Young Living. I have been doing so for about 8 months.
I also use unscented, alcohol free baby wipes to keep myself clean between showers.
I wear unscented panty liners on daily basis.
I am sexually active, yet don't typically have sex more than 2x/month, with the last time being 11 days ago.
I had my last pap smear on 4/17/12. To date I have not heard anything from my Dr about it. Am suspecting she'll fill me in @ my 6/26/12 visit for my physical.
I had my last mammogram on 4/25/12 & nothing suspicious showed up.
Finally, so you are aware, I have also been looking for a full-time job for the past 7 months, in addition to filing bankruptcy 3 weeks ago.
I graciously await your response. Thanks again. Hope that your day is going very well!!
Posted Sun, 10 Jun 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 10 hours later
Thanks for writing your story to us.
It shows you are well aware of all the health issues you have & awareness is the key to find optimum solutions.
What I found out is that at present you are concerned about your urinary symptoms, the pinkish discharge & vaginal symptoms.
In addition I am a bit concerned about the current status of your small ovarian cyst in 2008 report. I suggest a repeat pelvic scan to see the size of your ovarian cyst.
I suggest you should try to see your Gynecologist earlier, Chase your pap smear results & under go a pelvic examination. As pinkish discharge may indicate hormone deficiency & this may respond to local therapy.
As your repeated urine reports are negative you may need to see a Urologist to find out the real cause of your urinary symptoms. This consultant may like to see your bladder from inside with a scope & suggest you appropriate treatment. Your stone may well be responsible for all this & a Urologist is the ideal person to go to.
Carry on with your weight reduction plan it may solve many of your remaining problems.
I can only offer best wishes for your job search.
May God help you solve all these problems.
Best Regards.