Ask a Urologist   »  

Discolored raised spots on the penis. Not STD. Any suggestions?

Infertility Specialist
I have some spots on my penis. they dont hurt, itch, or anything. Just dont look nice! I am 99.9 pct sure I don't have any std. I just can't understand. I've always had a nice looking penis. I don't want my sexual partner to freak out! Small, slightly raised, barely discolored spots. WHY?!!
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

The spots on penis you are describing appear to be Fordyce's spots.

The spots are a form of ectopic sebaceous gland: normally, sebaceous glands are only found in association with a hair follicle. They are not known to be associated with any disease or illness and are of cosmetic concern only. They aren't infectious and are a natural occurrence on the body.

Vaporising laser treatments such as CO2 laser or electro desiccation have been used with some success in diminishing the appearance of this condition if they are of cosmetic concern. However, I consider this a normal physiological phenomenon and advise against treatment. Laser treatment can often leave significant scarring.

I suggest you not to worry about this condition. If you are still concerned about cosmetic appearance I advise you to consult a dermatologist and show your spots. Direct examination and seeing the spots by the doctor will help in accurate diagnosis.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available if you have any more queries.

Follow-up: Discolored raised spots on the penis. Not STD. Any suggestions? 20 hours later
thank you sir.

I am happy that you are satisfied by my answer.

If you wish me to answer in the future, please address your queries to my attention "Dr. Mahesh Koregol". I will be glad to address any of your concerns in the future.

Do not forget to close this discussion and give you feed backs.

Wish you good luck.

Thanks and Regards