Discoloration on head of penis, no itching or burning, taken Accutane earlier. Not STD. Steroid cream ineffective

hi, i have had a discoloration on the head of my penis for about 6 months now. It doesn't itch, burn, no pain whatsoever. i noticed it while i was taking accutane. I have been off accutane for about 5 months. The discoloration is about the size of a dime and is slightly raised. it has a reddish whitish color to it. i know its not an std. I went to dermatologist they didn't really know what it was but gave me some mild steroid cream and i used the cream two times a day for 8 days and it didn't do anything
Posted Tue, 11 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 4 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
While accutane is known to cause discoloration of the skin, it is an extremely rare side effect. Since a lot of conditions from infections, allergies and other systemic diseases can lead to these symptoms, I would request you to upload a picture so that I am able to help you better. Please use the 'Upload your pictures' feature to send in a picture.
This discussion will prove much more useful then.
Awaiting your reply