Ask a Urologist   »  

Discoloration of penile foreskin and pulsing in genitals. Advice?

Yes I have discolouration of my foreskin and a pulsing in genitails which comes and goes can you assist
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Having discoloration of the foreskin with intermittent pulsations in the genitalia is suggestive of an infection in the area. It could have occurred due to abrasion of the penis during the oral sexual encounter. Since the penis is a highly vascular organ, any slight superficial injury will appear like a discoloration of the foreskin. But this is a benign condition and heal on its own and subside on its own.
Application of 1 % Hydrocortisone cream to the foreskin might help reduce the lesion.
In addition taking medication like Ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day ( if you are not allergic to ) will help in early resolution of the inflammation.

In addition development of symptoms including fever, mucopurulent discharge, burning micturition, ulceration, bleeding from the discolored areas of the penis and enlarged lymph nodes in the groin are symptoms that you should watch out for. In such a situation consulting a doctor for a examination and STD testing might be helpful.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.