Ask a Dentist   »  

Discoloration and bleeding of the gums. Treatment?

my gums are becoming pale top and bottem and almost seem to be sort of withering away i guess. there is no pain or anything except sometimes when i do brush my teeth they might bleed slightly but doesnt happen often. they dont bleed themselves at all. but of course its still not normal.

Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 17 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

The first diagnosis revelation of bleeding gums in a normal medical history would be deficiency of vitamin c called Scurvy. Although variations do occur, bleeding occurs due to continued trauma apart from gum erosions that you might have.

Obviously, you would need a review. But, meanwhile - these might help:
1. Soft brush.
2. Citrus fruits.

Other diagnoses would have to be investigated clinically after physical examination.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you. Please accept my answer in case you do not have follow up queries.