Discogram procedure showed large annular tear with pain. Taken cortisol shoots, no relief. How to cure it?

Spine Surgeon
Hi Dr. Siegel

I had a discogram procedure on Tuesday, April 30, it shows I have large annular tear with L4/5 and L5/ S1, with pain level 10/10 and 4
I've been out of work since 2/4. I attend P/T twice a week, 4 cortisol shoots, no relief so far. My short term disabilty has been denied, told medical documents does not show sufficient info for approval. If I 'm not back at work by 6/3, I will be terminated. I was denied prior to sending discogram findings.
I XXXXXXX with a surgeon on Wednesday. Based on the info I provided do you think (with the discogram findings) I could appeal my requset for short and long term disability insurance.
This is not a Oncologist question, this is for my lower back.
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Osteoporosis
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
You have annular tear which is causing you severe back pain and leads to work related disability. However it will cause temporary disability and you should get better with time.
There is a solution to this problem. If you dont get better with non operative treatment then disc replacement or spinal fusion is an option. Thanks.