Ask a Urologist   »  

Discharge of sperm while passing motion. What is the reason?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
when i pass a motion sometimes sperm comes out my penis bit worried
Posted Wed, 27 Jun 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Small discharge of sperm while passing motion can occur on and off. It can be a normal physiological variation. Keep good hygiene, avoid unprotected sex, wash with antiseptic soap after sex and urination. Watch for a week. It should reduce in a week. If not, then you will probably need antibiotics. If any time there is burning, see your doctor immediately.

Normal semen has a chlorine like smell. If there is any bad or foul odor coming from the semen or there is any change in the consistency or color of semen then it indicates infection. This infection can be due to urethritis, prostatitis, balanitis (infection of the foreskin) or epidiymitis ( less likely if there is no redness or inflammation of testicles).

You should consult your primary care doctor and get a culture swab of the urethra and semen done to rule out any infection. Till that time, retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. Wear cotton clothes and use as mild soap like Cetaphil for cleaning the penis.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.