Disc damage causing back pain, burning, numbness and pain in thigh. Have arthritis. Could this be causing ED?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i have known l-5/s1 arthritus, no mri done for disc damage, causing lower back pain, plus; burning, numbness and pain on my outer left thigh. could this be causing my erectile dysfunction?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Arthritis or ankylosing spondylosis of L5-S1 can affect your sexual function as well as the bladder function.
Disc prolapse is commonly associated with the symptoms you are having like low back pain and pain burning on outer left thigh.
Right now for your symptoms pain killers along with good muscle relaxants will help you. For numbness and burning methylcobalamin supplements will help. You can get the initial physical examination, relevant tests like MRI and treatment done under care of 'Orthopaedician'.
If the bladder symptoms appear and erectile dysfunction is severe then surgery might be needed for disc decompression.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.