Dirt bike accident, anxiety attacks, panic disorder, neck tightness, dizziness, rapid heart rate, taking Ativan

Orthopaedic Surgeon
About 5 months ago i was in a dirt bike accident a ended up with a completely ruptured acl and fx tibial head a short time after i started getting "anxiety attacks" i dont recall hitting my head in the accident and since then they dx me with panic disorder is it possible i had or have a head injury my symptoms now are tightness on the sides of my neck dizzyness rapid heart rate and i am currently taking 2mg ativan and 5mg of lexapro a day n still having these problems
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The anxiety that you are having is less likely to be due to a delayed effect of a possible head injury during the accident and is more likely to be related to a good response in such cases which you can have in consultation with your psychiatrist.
Meanwhile stay connected to your family and friends and practice relaxation techniques like meditation, yoga, XXXXXXX breathing, etc.
This is usually a self limiting problem and the symptoms do subside after few months.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.