Diognised by mildly enlarged liver in size with increased echopattern and no focal lesion. What's wrong?

Question
i have been diognised by Mildly enlarged liver in size with increased echopattern. no focal lesion. I had been experiencing pain int the right side of my abdomen since a month . I am a housewife without any bad habbits. What is the problem?
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXX and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

I can understand that the your pain in the right abdomen since a month is certainly due to the liver situation. The increased echo pattern of the liver can occur due to steatosis or mild fatty liver which is quite a common finding and may be the reason behind the mild enlargement of the liver without any local lesions.

Without your liver function tests, it would difficult for me to comment upon the reasons for this with regards to the various enzyme levels. Also the gall bladder would have evaluated with the liver on assumption, but can you mentions the same. As the entire clinical record should be considered if you require an answer for why fatty liver along with other conditions has occurred in your case.

Good that you do not have any habits, but you should know that fatty liver does happen in the absence of alcohol consumption even. The good news is it is reversible if the underlying cause is treated promptly even if the triglycerides are raised.

But, you need a quick review of your liver function tests as much as your lipid profile tests and other investigations as mandated after your clinical exam. The medical management would depend on these test results. Lipid lowering drugs may also be needed in the case you had history/present elevations of lipid components.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Sincerely,

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
MBBS, MD.
Consultant Physician.

Follow-up: Diognised by mildly enlarged liver in size with increased echopattern and no focal lesion. What's wrong? 3 hours later
thank you for answering my question i will be back to you once i get the tests done i was suspecting some problem of apendix, because i used to feel the pain in the right side of the abdomen , but its may be my assumption. any way thank you for your suggestion.

Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 18 hours later
XXXXXX

Thanks for your reply.
Wish you best of health.

Sincerely,

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
MBBS, MD.
Consultant Physician.