Dime size skin coloured bump, bleeding, sensitive inner thighs. What is it, advise?

Hi my name is XXXXXXX I have a nickle to dime size skin color bump that ive poped full of alot of blood it comes back all the time only blood it gets hard and sensitive inner thigh its not red and does not have a white head on it
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
A skin color bump full of blood is likely to be due to an injury in the area which has caused the hematoma formation.
Since there is no redness or pain, infection is not present right now but since blood is a good culture medium for bacteria, you need systemic antibiotics to prevent any infection.
Since you have already popped the bump, the area now needs to be examined and cleaned to rule out the presence of any foreign body or injury in the area. You need to visit your physician for a direct examination and proper antibiotics.
Meanwhile you can keep the area bandaged after applying local antiseptic ointment like neosporin.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.