Difficulty walking, balance problems, done MRI, shadow on right side of brain

hi my father had an mri scan,and they found a shadow on the right side of the brain, he is having problems walking and keeping his balance,pri 6 months he was fit and strong what could it be
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 12 hours later

Your dad has difficulty in walking and balance problems. This could be due to peripheral nerves, spinal cord or cerebellar conditions. MRI of the brain shows a shadow on the right side of the brain. The lesion may be due to stroke, infection, demyelination or metastasis in the brain.

I will need the following details to address the problem completely.

1. Is he suffering from symptoms like headache, nause, vomiting, vertigo, tremors of hand and feet, stiffness, visual problems, neck pain and tingling numbness in the hands and feet?
2. Is there history of medical problems like BP, diabetes, stroke in the past?
3. Any history of smoking and alcohol consumption?
4. Reason for removing the bladder 6 months ago?

The detailed MRI report with images if possible along with EKG and ECHO reports if available could help me analyse the problem better. If you have the reports with you, please mail them to my attention at YYYY@YYYY

I will get back to you upon hearing from you.

Awaiting your reply.