Difficulty to pass motions. Noticed small boil near anus. Prescribed novamox drops and fusiderm cream along with antibiotics. Suggest?

My baby is 2 month old and from past 4-5 days she has been crying while passing motions. She strains and puts a lot of force. Though I give her colimex but still she dint stop crying and today I took. Her to doc he flung small boil in heranusand have her antibiotics cream n drops its novamox drops and fusiderm cream..
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 48 minutes later

What she is having is not uncommon.

Boil in this area occurs due to infection of glands near anal region. They are painful condition and that is the reason why she is crying.

This can happen due to cut or injury to skin of anal region during frequent diaper change or cleaning after passing stool.

Normally detected in time, they respond well to oral and topical antibiotics.

The treatment given is fine, please continue it as advised and keep regular follow up with your doctor.

I hope this helps.

Wishing her good health.