Ask a Urologist   »  

Difficulty in urination, burning. Cause?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i am finding it hard to urinate and it is burning why is this
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 7 minutes later

Do you have any lower abdominal or back pain

Any nausea or vomiting

Any fever, chills

Burning sensation on passing urine is usually due to urinary infection. If you are finding it hard to urinate it can be because of block in the urinary passages possibly due to stone, stricture or even severe water. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. You may drink Cranberry juice as this helps to relieve symptoms of urinary tract infection.

I highly recommend you consult a Urologist and get your urine tested for blood, source of infection which will require antibiotics in most cases for cure. Also get tested for sexually transmitted infections which can also cause a similar picture and sometimes blocks like strictures. You may also need X-ray or ultrasound to rule out stones.

In most cases of uncomplicated urinary infection, proper hydration and antibiotics will eradicate the infection within a week or two.

Use condom while having sen to prevent transmission of sexually transmitted infections.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.