Ask a Urologist   »  

Difficulty in urination after ejaculation, taken viagra, have BPH. Ejaculation / viagra the cause?

Urologist
Question
Prostate :

I have BPH. About six months ago I took one viagra pill. I did not feel it helped me. So a few days later I took another one. In the morning I could not pass urine. It was pretty hard to urinate. I never touched viagra after that. After that event, everytime I ejaculate (few times) I have a lot of problem urinating. Taking natural medicine. This trouble period last about a week. Does ejaculation swolen the prostate, or is this a permanent damage from Viagra? .
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 2 hours later
Hello.

Viagara usually does not lead to any urinary complaints and your symptoms are probably due BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia).

A lot of patients do experience pain after ejaculation and it is usually due to congestion of prostate.

You can relax the prostate by sitting in lukewarm water twice a day for 2 weeks and see how you do.

Hope, this answers your query. Please accept my query in case you do not have further queries.

Regards.

Follow-up: Difficulty in urination after ejaculation, taken viagra, have BPH. Ejaculation / viagra the cause? 7 days later
The question was about viagra, and/or ejaculation being the cause of my agravated BPH symptoms after ejaculation for a week period. This question was not answered. Sorry, but this question was intended for an urologist. Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 15 minutes later
Hello.

Sorry, I could not convince you with my last answer. Let me try today.

As I mentioned in previous post, Viagra does not cause any prostate swelling. Ejaculation too does not aggravate prostate inflammation.

I feel the symptoms you were experiencing were probably related to prostatic inflammation as a cause.

Usually for such patients I put them on treatment with drugs belonging to group alpha blockers and also on sitz bath and patients do very well as far as symptoms are concerned.

I hope, this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health.

Regards.