Difficulty in sustaining erection. Is it age related?

i am 60 years old, when i become first sexually aroused, i have constant discharge of what looks like and feels like sperm, and then if i am to enter the women, i have a low level orgsam and it is all over in seconds, leaving me in a non-firm position. is this normal, for aging or is it something different
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 12 hours later

Just like other body functions, sexual functions are also known to reduce with age - the time to arouse, the ability to sustain erection, the refractory period between erections and the perception of orgasm are all affected.
Cowper gland secretions occur during sexual arousal which is referred to as precum. Perhaps what you are experiencing at the beginning of erection/arousal is the same.

I feel the symptoms that you are facing is perfectly normal to your age

However, since metaprolol can contribute to sexual dysfunctions and the ability to maintain erection, a change in the doctor.

"All these issues need to be discussed with your primary doctor. A neurological examination and few blood tests to look for diabetes, nutritional deficiencies are entailed."

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Prasad