Ask a Urologist   »  

Difficulty in retracting the foreskin of the penis. Circumcision needed?

hi I am 24 i am not circimcised, and can never see the head of my penis even when I erect. I know theres men that say are not circumcised and can still see their head, when they retract their foreskin back. So can I pull back my foreskin or does it need to be partialy cut.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 12 hours later

It is a common one amongst young men like you.

There is no harm to pull back the skin over the head of the penis. You can do it slowly day by day. In fact you have to keep the area under the skin hygienic by cleaning with water daily during bath.

If you are able to pull then you can see the head and clean it. However, if you cannot pull it back then the local doctor can assist you, else you need a cut to pull it back. This procedure is simple and is a day procedure. This is done by General Surgeon / Urologist.

Hope this answers the query.

Dr Rajiv Goel.