Difficulty in penetration during intercourse

I am a virgin. Last night my bf tried to have sex with me but he couldn't get in at all. We were not using lubricant. I know about the condition where you get the muscle spasm thing but is it possible we just had bad luck and I don't need to worry about it? We were drinking too, maybe that didn't help.
Posted Sat, 2 Jun 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern.

A first sexual encounter is usually a little bit difficult. Since you are virgin, I suppose your hymen was/is intact, in which case the male partner has to work a bit harder to break the hymen to penetrate completely.

This is not likely to happen if you are under the influence of alcohol, as alcohol increases the urge but makes it hard to maintain an erection for long.

I would say, it was just bad luck. Better luck next time for a fruitful and safe sexual life.

Foreplay is essential for a successful intercourse and a happy sexual relationship.

Hope this information is of help to you. Please feel free to write back if you have any additional questions.

Wishing you a good life.