Difficulty in getting erection and loss of interest in sex

Hi, I'm 38 yrs old male. I am married for about 13 years and have daughter of about 9 years. Since last few months i am loosing my interest in sex. Even when i try i don't get proper erection.
Posted Mon, 11 Jun 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 21 hours later
Thanks for the query in HCM

From the history, you are suffering from Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD).

The causes are

1. Psychological
2. Physical

1. Psychological
a. Performance Anxiety,
b. Past unsatisfactory attempts due to erectile dysfunction / premature ejaculation

2. Physical
a. Hormonal - Testosterone deficiency, Altered Thyroid hormone etc
b. Medicines - Medicines for Hypertension (Increase BP), Depression etc can decrease the libido
c. Other chronic medical conditions

You need to be evaluated which is the root cause for your decrease in libido to proceed.

Hope I gave you an insight for your problem. I am available for follow up

Consultant in Reproductive & Sexual Medicine