Difficulty in conception. Taking prenatal vitamins. Suggestions?

Infertility Specialist
Pregnancy im a female less than 35 yrs old, 152lbs, 5'3", live in colorado in usa, and i am very physically active and eat right. i dont smoke or drink. Me and my boyfriend have sex a lot and he ejaculates in me each time. we are trying to conceive, but i dont know whats wrong. i have tried prenatal vitamines and nothing works. do you have any suggestions or anything that could help me get pregnant?
Posted Thu, 28 Jun 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 1 hour later

Assuming your cycles are regular, from your history I do not find any major complaints.

However as you are unable to achieve a pregnancy despite repeated attempts, it warrants a detailed evaluation of both partners. You need to get some basic investigations like hormonal assays, ultrasound abdomen / pelvis examination and tubal testing. In addition your partner also will need to get his semen analysed by a test (semen analysis).

Your gynecologist / infertility expert can help you get these tests. I will be available for more assistance once the aforementioned tests are done.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other queries.

Dr Nandita Thakkar