Difficulty in breathing, twitching in lips and cheeks, pulsating in ribs, purple cold feet. What could be wrong?

I have been having difficulty breathing for about two months and twitching in my bottom lip and jaws and cheek and a weird pulsating feeling under my left rib, and my feet are always purple and cold and oxygen levis abnormal until we rub them to get them warm and my limbs go numb and tingle very often any idea what might be going on with me?
Posted Sat, 2 Jun 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 4 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern.

From your description, I feel strongly that you need an urgent evaluation at the emergency room.

You have provided with good information, but to provide you with useful information I would like to know a few more details from you regarding your condition.

1. How did this breathing difficulty start/do you remember any particular incident like chest pain etc,.?

2. Do you have wheezing while breathing?

3. Have you been diagnosed with any heart/lung condition before?

4. Have you ever undergone an echocardiogram? If yes, what was the report?

5. Have you ever turned blue all of a sudden when you were a child?

6. How severe is the breathing difficulty? Are you able to climb up the stairs without getting breathless, if yes, how many steps?

I urge you to visit a cardiologist at the earliest/visit an ER as soon as possible.

Please do write back with the answers so that I can suggest better.

Awaiting your response.