Difficulty in bearing weight even after using crutches, air splint, persisting numbness. Emergency?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I went to er after rolling my ankle they put me on crutches and air splint. 3 days later I still cannot bear any weight and now it is starting to tingle and feel numb. I can't see ortho for another 3 days. Should I go back to er or just continue using crutches till see ortho?
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
The mild tingling and numbness in the area could be related to the local tissue swelling. This will recover once the swelling subsides. The inability to bear weight on the foot can be due to an extensive take mild pain killers for pain relief. Avoid weight bearing as much as you can.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.