Difficulty climbing stairs as leg not responding. Done prostate operation. Taking Amlopres for BP. Suggestion?

I have a big time problem while walking, as an my right leg is not responding properly, I drag my right leg while walking, very difficult to climb the stairs i don't get the idea while putting my feet on the stairs, I am 61 and facing this issue from last 20 months now.. I am 5.7 inches weight 78Kgs, I have gone through prostate operation twice in last 20 yrs and have a blood pressure and taking (amlopres 5) one tablet daily... I have been to lots of test and doctors and it seems I am not getting the right answer or doctor for the problem.. please suggest
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 2 hours later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
I can understand your concern.There are two possibilities.
1. Neuropathy/spondylopathy
2.Joint problem associated with neuropathy.
You have not mentioned whether you have diabetes or not/thyroid problems.
Please consult a neurologist at the earliest to check for neuropathy.You may have to undergo a nerve conduction test.
Consult your doctor if the problem persists.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Follow-up: Difficulty climbing stairs as leg not responding. Done prostate operation. Taking Amlopres for BP. Suggestion? 15 minutes later
Thanks for the quick response, As if today I am not diabetic,no thyroid issue, but there is a visible symptoms of herneya on my neval. Just want to understand how critical is this situation & whether such diseases can be cured in medical science? sorry if the question is wired but I am bit worried as I am retired and don't know how big this problem is?
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 9 hours later
I know you are anxious and worried.Please do not delay it any further and consult a neurologist as soon as possible.If they are curable they definately will be cured with drugs.
Have a speedy recovery.