Difficulty breathing, shivering, chills. Precautions while travelling by flight ?

my daughter 17y.o. is now abroad, she is having out of breath periods and she is shivering and feeling cold. this started couple day ago, she is due to fly back home today. Question: what illness she might have and what to do if she has the same while in the plaine?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later

Being out of breath is a condition which needs an examination to assess the extent of problem and to find out the cause according to which treatment is needed.

In most of the cases, it is due to an allergic problem like asthma or due to a chest infection.

Feeling cold and shivering might be due to fever and infection in the lungs.

She needs to consult a physician as antibiotics are needed to control the infection.

The investigations needed include pulse oximetry, capnography, thoracic radiography, and lung function tests.

The attacks of breathlessness might get precipitated while traveling by air. She can take appropriate medicines like steroids, asthalin inhalers, antibiotics, etc after getting them prescribed from her physician.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.