Difficulty attaining orgasm, takes longer time. Normal?

Good morning I am a 50 years old man, have never had problems before but seem to have difficulty in attaining an orgasm, to achieve one takes much younger than when younger and I just wondered whether that was the norm or perhaps a problem I should get checked or ?
Sorry to trouble you XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 24 hours later
Hi there,

The sexual agility of male declines with age.
It may require a little more time to get sexually stimulated at this age than you were in early 20s.
Hence you do not need to worry if you are getting adequate erection and able to sustain for a pleasurable intercourse.
Certain medicines for hypertension, decrease in erotic thoughts, fantasies, non co operative of partner etc can lead to decrease in the quality of orgasms.
Normally the hormone, testosterone, hormone for sexual desire and overall sexual activity reduces with age. An XXXXXXX / Sexual Medicine consultant can evaluate you and based clinical and laboratory findings, he can guide you to make your sexual health better.

Hope I have answered your question. I would be happy to answer any further queries you might have.

Consultant In Reproductive & Sexual Medicine / Sexologist
Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, Republic of India