Different colored bruises on the body of a child. Could it be due to spider bite?

My son has 2 colored bruises with hard center in them. One color is XXXXXXX the other purple. Both appear simultaneously, notice them yesterday, however cant remember hitting or running into anything and he'e not very active, not obese either. Could it be a spider bite?
Posted Tue, 26 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 3 hours later

Good of you to write in.
The two colors are due to change in color of different components of blood with time as its components are reabsorbed back into vascular system. A bruise is a common skin injury that results in breakage of blood vessels under the skin. Blood from damaged blood vessels beneath the skin collects near the surface of the skin resulting in what we recognize as a black and blue XXXXXXX
Yes. If your child got bit by a spider, the most likely manifestation is a cramp. Typically the muscle that is affected is then one directly under the bite. Spider bites can bruise and this is normal. What you want to worry about is tissue necrosis. The area around the bite will start to feel sore and will form a mass,usually within 24-48 hours. If the bruising gets worse or the red dots spread then go see a doctor. Other wise just watch out for spiders. Also look out for a common spider around your home or work, more than likely that is the culprit.
However, unexplained, random bruises that occur easily or for no apparent reason may indicate a bleeding disorder or result from blood-thinning medications (anticoagulants), especially if the bruising is accompanied by frequent nosebleeds or bleeding gums. Bruising occurs more commonly with vitamin C deficiency (ascorbic acid deficiency).
Also, what are thought to be unexplained bruises on the XXXXXXX or the thigh, for example, actually result from bumps into a bedpost or other object and failing to recall the injury.
I hope I have answered your question. If there is a followup query, I will be happy to answer that.
With Best Wishes.

Dr Anil Grover