Difference in the texture of testicles. No swelling, no pain. Ultrasound suggested. Is it normal?

I have a healthy 21 year old son,who has noticed his right testicle is softer than his left,he has been to emergency there is no swelling and no pain no size difference,the er doctor found nothing but is sending him for an ultra sound,He is so freaked out about it I am not sure how to handle it? could this be normal?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Slight difference in the texture of the testicles with no other associated symptoms can be a normal variation. One testicle being slightly harder than the other without any palpable lumps might be a normal finding. But it definitely needs to be investigated to rule out any pathology as early diagnosis and treatment always has a better prognosis.
Do not worry. Just go ahead with the investigations. Most of the times the reports are normal.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.