Difference in size of nostrils, had cold. Is it the right decision to ask for operation to widen nostril?

Hi Dr Abid,

Yes you are correct, I had a checked myself with the mirror and there is a drastic difference in the size of my Nostrils, the left one seems to be at normal size while the right one is too small and due to which the intake of oxygen from right one is rather less compared to the right one, I am sure after your previous explanation and couple of times when I had this cold when I asked the doctor too, she said there might be a problem with your nostrials.

So, is it a right decision if I can go to ENT and ask him for an operation to widen the nostrial by removing the bit of flesh from the right nostril so do you have any alternative suggestion to me. Thanks very much,
Posted Mon, 9 Jul 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abid 5 hours later
Thanks for asking what to do next in your case.

I will suggest you to consult ENT specialist in your area. It is important to take appropriate consult before you follow further management. If everything is right ideally you may need Septoplasty for the correction of deviated nasal septum, however I would not jump unless ENT expert advises it.

Wish you good health and please update me after consulting ENT dr :)
Follow-up: Difference in size of nostrils, had cold. Is it the right decision to ask for operation to widen nostril? 16 hours later
That's makes really sensible, thanks very much Dr. Abid and really appreciate your advise for me on this. Cheers,
Answered by Dr. Abid 24 hours later
You are welcome.

If you wish to keep me updated or post a new query to me in future, you are free to do that. You may post your queries or ask me a question on this link:
All the best!

Dr. Abid