Diet plan for 2 months old

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Hi.. I am XXXXXXX.. My baby is 2 months old now.. pls let me know the foods and fruits that makes my baby fair and also pls let me know the food to take
Posted Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query .
Since your baby is just two month old , the best food for your baby is exclusive breastfeeding . No top feeds or foods are advised for infants less than 6 months old .
Also fairness is mostly hereditary and to protect your baby's sensitive skin you should protect it from strong sunlight and use gentle skin products like daffy soap or johnsons baby soap and powder.
Do not use any harsh soaps or creams and use mild oil like olive oil or johnsons baby oil etc.
For your diet you should take 300- 500 ml milk daily , eat lots of fruits and vegetables XXXXXXX in fibre and consume pulses and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables daily or atleast thrice weekly.
Remember a healthy mother will make a healthy baby and a healthy baby will have glowing skin.
Make sure to have iron and calcium supplements daily.
Hope I have answered your query.
I'll be available for any follow up queries.
Follow-up: Diet plan for 2 months old 10 minutes later
Breastfeeding is only supplement to my child and pls let me know which fruits are good to take during breastfeeding..
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 46 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up.
First of all I would like to appreciate your efforts as a health conscious and vigilant parent and do keep up the good work by continuing exclusive breastfeeding till 6 months of age .
nursing mothers should consume 2 to 2.5 cups of fruit a day. A cup of fruit equals a small XXXXXXX or one large banana, or peach Or2 chickoos.
Although it is important for nursing mothers to eat a lot of fresh fruits every day, certain types may irritate the baby. Fruits with high content of C concentrate like pineapple, lemon, oranges, and grapefruit can give the baby a rash.
If the baby has tolerated these ( as in mothers diet )then these can be given .
Try to eat a variety of fruits so that you have a balanced diet.Many dry fruits and nuts like almonds , raisins etc are good for increasing your iron content which in turn increases blood hemoglobin of babies.
Also , fruits like apples, oranges, peaches, and pears are high in fiber, which helps keep your digestive tract moving and help prevent constipation in nursing mothers.
Hope I have answered your query.
Kindly accept my answer if you have no further queries.
Wishing you and your baby good health.