Diebitic patient. Is there any nutrilite product to control sugar level?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2014
Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
I m a diebitic patient and my age is 27 year I want to cure diebities do nutrilite have any product which can help me

Posted Wed, 27 Feb 2013 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later

Nutrilite is just a nutritional supplement, it has no role in the management of Diabetes. You must understand there is no substitute for a well balanced healthy diet and other things are only supplements.
Currently there is no medical cure for type 2 diabetes although research is ongoing. However, there are sometimes lifestyle modifications which can have a significant impact on your diabetes. These modifications include weight loss and exersise. Regular exercise of 4 to 5 days per week will also make your body more efficient at handling blood sugar so the peaks in the blood sugar will come under better control.Do walking daily 3to 4 km which will keep you healthy and also help to control blood sugar.

I hope this is helpful to you. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.

Wishing you good health...

Regards.
Dr Saurabh Gupta.

Follow-up: Diebitic patient. Is there any nutrilite product to control sugar level? 3 minutes later
Sir I have got 258fasting suger wat should I take to cure it

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 26 minutes later

I would like to know when you diagnosed diabetes mellitus.Are you taking any medication for this.
Let me know , so I can help you in better way.

Regards.

Follow-up: Diebitic patient. Is there any nutrilite product to control sugar level? 9 minutes later
I m not taking any medicine and I think diebities is effecting my eyes

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later
Hello and thanks for writing again

If blood sugar is raised for a long time and not under control, it can affect many organs of the body . It can affect your eyes (diabetic retinopathy).

I would recommend that you consult your physician who can evaluate you and order tests like:
1.Lipid profile
2.Kidney function Test
3.Blood Pressure
4.Eye examination to have a baseline status of the retina

Hope this information helps you. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.

Wishing you good health...
Regards.