Didn't have vaginal penetrative sex. Missing period. Any possibility of pregnancy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Excellent
Question
my boyfriend recently touched his penis to my buttocks though he did not put it in. neither did we have sex. but my menstruation for this month has got delayed. It was supposed to be on 16th march. Is it a cause of concern
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX
Thank you for your query.
If you did not have vaginal penetrative sex, there is no possibility of a pregnancy.
Otrhr causes for missing a period are anxiety, stress, emotional upheavals, weight gain or loss, frequent travelling, thyroid disorder or polycystic ovaries.
As it is, it is normal for the menstrual cycle to vary by two to three days, and in your case, its just been a day's delay.
Feel free to discuss further.

Follow-up: Didn't have vaginal penetrative sex. Missing period. Any possibility of pregnancy? 9 minutes later
Thank you for the help. I haven't had vaginal penetrative sex. but it has never been delayed. Most of the times the menstruation for me has been before the date, i mean to say it has always been a day or two before the expected date. this time it was delayed so was worried. yes i was under tension due to my dad's health for over 10days.

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 10 minutes later
It happens sometimes.
If you do not have it for a week more, consult a doctor to rule out other causes.

Follow-up: Didn't have vaginal penetrative sex. Missing period. Any possibility of pregnancy? 1 minute later
Thank you for the reply. It was nice consulting you. Have a great day ahead mam. take care.

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 minutes later
Thank you XXXXXXX
It is nice interacting with such intelligent and appreciative patients.
Feel free to ask any doubts anytime.
You too take care.
Do not stress out, and I am sure you would have your period in a day or two.
Good day.

Follow-up: Didn't have vaginal penetrative sex. Missing period. Any possibility of pregnancy? 11 hours later
Hello mam sorry for the trouble caused. Does drinking semen cause concern for health or for that matter cause delayed periods?In the last 15days my daily schedule has got altered to a certain extent.could this be one reason for the delayed periods? And yes i also had to find out if there is any way that i could put on some weight? in the recent past i have developed allergy to milk and milk products.I get scratching on my hands and my hands become dark.

Hi XXXXXXX again.
You are causing me no trouble, dear.
Interacting with patients is always a XXXXXXX and pleasure.
What do you mean exactly by " drinking semen "?
If you are referring to oral sex, then it cannot delay your periods or alter your schedule.
The risk you run is of contracting several sexually transmitted diseases, hence oral sex without condoms is high risk sexual behaviour for you.
For putting on weight, consult a Nutritionist / Dietician.
Find out your current BMI, your ideal BMI, and have a diet and exercise chart accordingly.
Main emphasis is on consuming high fat and high protein and high carbohydrate diet.
Incorporate foodstuff like ghee, rice, potatoes, chicken, eggs, red meat, bananas in your diet.
You can use a protein powder supplement like Ensure powder.
Exercise regularly, specially swimming and lifting weights to build up muscle in key areas.
Hope this helped you.

Follow-up: Didn't have vaginal penetrative sex. Missing period. Any possibility of pregnancy? 7 minutes later
mam could u please explain me as to what do u mean by - The risk you run is of contracting several sexually transmitted diseases, hence oral sex without condoms is high risk sexual behaviour for you.

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 9 minutes later
If you are indulging in oral sex, and that is what I assume from " drinking semen " there is no risk of pregnancy, but you are at risk of having sexually transmitted infectious diseases from your partner if he is infected.

Follow-up: Didn't have vaginal penetrative sex. Missing period. Any possibility of pregnancy? 5 minutes later
He does not have any infection. with regards to my weight. as a child i was chubby but as i grew old i began to grow thin. about 10yrs ago i had to undergo appendicitis operation during which a CT scan revealed that i have only one kidney. any ways thank u so much i shall soon get an appointment with the nutritionist for my diet. have a great time ahead. I shall let u know once i have got my periods. thank u once again. take care.

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 11 minutes later
Hi
I hope he has been tested thoroughly for all infections.
Having one kidney is fine.
Be careful about your diet then as a high protein diet maybe difficult for one kidney patients. Ensure that you have plenty of fluids to drink
It is all the more important to consult a qualified Nutritionist
Feel free to get in touch with me anytime.
You too take care.

Follow-up: Didn't have vaginal penetrative sex. Missing period. Any possibility of pregnancy? 45 hours later
Thank you for the help mam. My period have started today.

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Thank you XXXXXXX for writing back, and being such a nice person to interact with.
I was sure it would start in a few days.
Be very careful about protection from now onwards.
Wish you all the very best.
Feel free to consult me anytime you wish to, in the future.
Please feel free to leave a user review.