Ask a Urologist   »  

Did urine test, RBC present. Asymptomatic. Taking medication for anxiety, levels peaking. Help?

General Surgeon
I have just done a yearly urine test and have a rbc of 18. I am asymptomatic, male, 60 years old in otherwise good health. I have no pain or fever and am stunned a bit by the news. I am very worried. I am aking medication for an anxiety disorder, and the levels are really peaking now. Any help?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh 41 minutes later

There may be some conditions when asymptomatic presence of r b c s in urine may occur .Bleeding may occur from any part of like urinary passage,bladder,ureters, kidney
please consult urosurgeon for a check up and investigations as needed.

Do not worry there may be simple benign cause for the RBC (Red blood cells) in urine .
have a check up and follow advice.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.