Did skin exfoliation and arms waxing. Red marks and blood oozing was visible. Why are there scars?

I visited a parlour four days back and got skin exfoliation done, afterwards I got arms waxing done. While she was waxing, there was red marks and some blood coming out of the skin. The attendant said nothing to worry as it will heal in an hour but now I can see brown patches on my skin. There are lots of patches- skin looks as if has got burnt and there are scars. Please help me find a remedy. i am getting married next month.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later

You are mostly suffering from irritant contact dermatitis due to waxing done at parlor.

Still I would request you to answer the following questions:
Do you have itching /burning over lesions?
Do you have vesiculation /ulcers over the lesions?
lesions are spreading or they are getting less prominent?

Photographs of skin lesions (close up, distant) in good light can be helpful in suggesting further treatment.

Treatment of the condition consists of topical steroid antibiotic combination,
retinoic acid cream for scars, glycolic acid creams for hyperpigmentation.

Awaiting your response.

Dr Sudarshan

Follow-up: Did skin exfoliation and arms waxing. Red marks and blood oozing was visible. Why are there scars? 19 hours later
I have attached 3 pictures. I checked again with parlour -skin specialist today. She told me to keep my skin hydrated. I bought Vanucia by Dr Reddy's today.

She has the skin got peeled off. I have seen change in colour. The 1st-2nd days it was red and now it is darker than my normal skin. Some patches are there. The skin texture is also different at patches.

I am not sure if these patches are called lesions. They are not increasing in size, i believe. There is no water/ulcer, no pimples etc. I have been told that I have got very sensitive and thin skin. I should avoid scrubbing etc.

Please advise me how to heal. I would also like to know if these scars will go or they will stay permanent. Can I expect this to get treated in a month?

I have mederma cream with me- shall I apply. The parlor lady said I should 1st hydrate skin before I apply mederma.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 4 hours later

I can see only one photo attached by you.
Have you attached other photos?

I can see a whitish scarring on your arm.

It should not be a cause of worry.

Apply Venusia lotion twice or thrice a day.

It is an excellent moisturizer with aloe and mango butter.

Mederma cream is an remedy on scar.Mederma® is clinically proven to soften, smooth and reduce the appearance of scars.

Scars will lighten with this tratment but it may take some time may be more than a month.

Keep applying the cream and venusia lotion.

Maintain photoprotection, protect your arms from sun exposure by applying sunscreen lotion and wearing full sleeve clothing.

Wishing you speedy recovery.

Dr Sudarshan