Did permanent straightening of hair. Now have terrible hairfall. Suggested follihair tablets. Advise?

Hi Doctor: I recently carried out permanent straightening of my hair using Matrix solution. Now I have terrible hair fall in bunches. especially after applying conditioner. What should I do. When ever I comb my hair it falls It also gets entangled I am 52 years old.

One of my friend suggested that I take follihair tablets. Please let me know what is the best time to take them (Morning / afternoon / Night ) and with what should I take them with water or juice or mill. Before or after meal

Thanks Doctor
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follihair , any time of the day after food

Detailed Answer:
Hello Flossy,
When did you do straightening ?
Is the hair breaking off or is it coming from the roots? If you examine the end of the hair you will be able to see a small bulb if it is coming from roots.
Hair straightening damages the hair shaft and it is very common to see them breaking off at the junction of normal hair and straightened hair. That is why dermatologists usually do not recommend any sort of straightening procedures.

Follihair is a supplement for hair and contains aminoacids, vitamins and anti oxidants. It will help in faster growth of hair. As long as the hair is not coming from the roots it is alright and the breakage will stop one day. Follihair can be taken any time of the day after meal and it can be taken with water or juice or milk whatever you prefer. Take it for 3 months once a day.

A conditioner helps in making hair shaft stronger. Hair falling more during conditioner application could be a coincidence. Coconut oil is also a good conditioner. Apply it one hour before bath and shampoo it off.
Hope this helped