Did not consume alcohol for long. Due for DVLA. Will it show in LFT?

I havent drank alcohol for nearly 6 weeks as im due to have a medical for the dvla in 2 weeks. Do you think i should have a normal LFT blood test?
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Good question

Detailed Answer:
hello and thanks for the question.

This really depends on how much alcohol you previously consumed. Most likely your liver function tests should be within normal limits. However if you have a history of chronic alcohol use or chronic liver disease then the enzyme levels maybe elevated.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if there are some additional concerns that you would like to review regarding this matter.

Dr. Galamaga