Did X-ray. Have painless bone spurs in neck. Can it be cancer?

I have a question.... My chiro did a X-ray for no specific reason. I just went in for a simple adjustment. And she said I had bone spurs in my neck. I have non pain at all. No neck issues at all. Also some on back to at some aces. No pain there either. And no back issues. I asked if they could tell cancer from a bone spur, she said yes. That mine was a normal chiro issue.
My question is, If there were something going on in my spine like cancer would I have pain? The bone spur thing freaked me out a little!
I have NO pain at all. Thank you!
Posted Sat, 6 Jul 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Omer 2 days later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query

Bony spurs meaning small needle like projection of bone from the vertebra , calcaneum ( heel ) , lower back vertebreas

Bony spurs usually have following causes

1.Age related spurs(non-painful)
2.Rhumatoid arthritis
4.Physical activity( swimming ) induced spurs like heel spurs

Cancer DOES NOT cause bony spurs , as you are a female , and in female breast and colon cancers are common , even those cancers DO NOT cause bony spurs in the neck vertebreas

I can assure you that bony spurs in neck , lower back , and heel is common in general population , and because of spur they maximum can do is "mild nerve compression" , for that you will need an MRI neck

In the end i would say , chiropractionesr are the health professional , but they do not have medical training like us "MD", and your bony spur on X-RAY is not even remotely concerned with any of the cancers in the body.

I hope this relieves your tension

Stay happy and healthy

Feel free to ask any further questions