Did MRI scan of brain. What does the report say?

Neurologist, Surgical
Hi doctor Good morning. 2day back my wife got fits twice with half hour interval. Then we consult a local physician. He advice for MRI brain CE. Enclosed is the report pls advised me Thanks XXXX
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Left parietal neurocysticercosis Detailed Answer: Dear Mr. XXXXXXX ji Hello I have gone through your wife’s history in detail including MRI BRAIN report. Generalized fits seem to be secondary to LEFT PARIETAL INFECTIVE GRANULOMA, NEUROCYSTICERCUS ? TUBERCULAR. May I suggest you to 1. Get thorough neurological check up & treatment under local neurologist. 2. She’ll need treatment with anticonvulsants, antioedema measures, steroids, albendazole etc. 3 Get investigations like x-ray chest, montoux test/ ESR / CBC / TB gold to rule out any possibility of tuberculoma. 4 you can get ELISA for neurocysticercosis for confirmation of diagnosis. 5. She should avoid driving, swimming etc . Thanx Wishing a speedy recovery Dr XXXXXXX k XXXXXXX Director Deptt. of neurosurgery