Diarrhea, with mucus, oily, orange color, stomach cramps, worsens after eating. Had flu previously

i have severe diarrhea. is mucus or maybe oily and burnt orange in color. Previous to this i assume i had a flu bug with a fever of 103, vomited 1 time and had diarrhea. this all started about 6 days ago with the flu like symptoms lasting 24 hrs. The diarrhea continued and is fairly severe (8-10+ times a day) along with stomach cramps. i have taken plenty of fluids so i am not too tired but i am tired of running for bathroom every 30 min. Definitely worsen when i eat anything.
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 41 minutes later

Thanks for the query

You have done the right thing by keeping yourself well hydrated.

You are suffering from gastro enteritis, most of them are self limiting and are caused by viruses but in your case since there is mucous and it has been almost a week I suggest you take an antibiotic preferably a combination antibiotic like ciprofloxacin with tinodaZole to take care of the infection. Please aprroach your physician for a prescription. Acetaminophen of 650mg twice a day should be sufficient to for the fever.
Continue drinking lots of fluids.

I hope I have answered your query, if you have any further ones I will be happy to get back

I wish you a speedy recovery